West Virginia Center for Professional Development has invited WVAEMSP to be a partner in conducting the 2015 Safe School Summit on July 30, 2015 at the Charleston Marriott Hotel. Featured during the Summit will be Frank DeAngelis, former principal of Columbine High School. Registration is available at WWW.WVCP.ORG. Please refer to Safe School Summit Page listed above.
The West Virginia Association of Elementary/Middle School Principals (WVAEMSP) seeks a high energy and innovative Executive Director. All candidates should have principal experience and a proven record of exceptional leadership, coaching, and relationship management expertise. Concrete demonstrable experiences in other school leadership positions are beneficial. Travel around the state is required. Some national travel will be necessary in order to attend NAESP conferences and meetings. Annual salary of $19,000 plus benefits of travel and expense package.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to increase membership, manage, and develop high- performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manages a budget
• Past success working with an executive board with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Responsibility of coordinating the yearly WVAEMSP conference including: arranging vendors, sponsors for conference, advertising and communication for conference. As well as making arrangements as outlined by executive board.
• Proven success in instructional leadership.
• Number of years as an administrative leader as well as level of degree will be considered.
• Proven success in effective use of technology will be considered.
• Proven success as an instructional leader will be considered.
• Proven success in effective use of technology
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
FULL detail of expectations may be found on Page “Evaluation Criteria” Noted at top of this page:
**Interviews are scheduled on June 7, 2015 at Stonewall Resort.
**Please submit a letter of interest and resume no later than JUNE 5, 2015
Sara Stankus, Ed.D., President WVAEMSP at email@example.com or
mail to 492 Bryan Foster Road, Buckhannon,WV 26201
by phone contact 304-704-0169 with questions.
Elizabeth (Betty) Moore, principal of Pinch Elementary School was honored Thursday morning when Kanawha County School officials and officers of West Virginia Association of Elementary Middle School Principals arrived at her school to announce to her students and staff, along with herself that she is named West Virginia’s 2015 National Distinguished Principal.
National Distinguished Principal program is sponsored by National Association of Elementary School Principals and VILAC to recognize and honor principals in each state for their accomplishments as principal thus leading their school to success with students. Candidates are nominated by colleagues and go through a thorough process of documenting their success.
The draft of WVAEMSP By-laws are posted as a page at the top of this home page. Simply click on the page and double click on the red notation that appears. It is a large file so it may take a few seconds to appear. If a second notation in red appears click on it. A small window may appear asking what to do with the file. Click on whichever one you want. If you have any changes please feel free to send the changes to President Sara Stankus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The West Virginia Board of Education wants to hear from you concerning items on their agendas. The following link is to the Board’s agenda.
West Virginia Board of Education is looking closely at the following article. Look at Attachment A listed on the right side of the agenda. Be sure to look for items on 30 day comment:
Hello and welcome to WVPRINCIPALS.ORG. As executive director of the West Virginia Association of Elementary and Middle School Principals, it is my pleasure to introduce this new Web site. You can find out more about us, discover education-related links, find our sponsors, our officers, information regarding membership, etc.
Readers can add comments/questions to any post on this site (notice the “Add Comments” button below). This might take some getting used to, but over time I expect we’ll find great value in such a capability.
Lastly, and most importantly, this site will now function as the primary mean of communication with members and the public. Please sign-up to receive email notifications when the site is updated by clicking here. This will ensure you remain informed regarding issues of importance to school principals across West Virginia.
I hope your school year is going well and I look forward to communicating further with you via this Web site. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions, or again, leave a comment below.